Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sex and My City...

I saw the movie, Sex and the City this evening with Esther.

As we were walking out of the theater I heard a young twenty-something describe it as "a cute movie"...are you freakin' kidding?!!?!!?

Maybe she wasn't a big fan of the show...maybe her life is perfect...maybe she's just too young to appreciate the reality of the movie. Yes, it has some over-the-top moments and way too cute clothes and more shoes than I'll ever own in my life...but it's real.

It speaks the importance of trust...of love...of forgiveness. It speaks the importance of girlfriends. Those girlfriends who stand behind you through all the good, bad and ugly. Who are honest with you when you don't want to hear it. Who hold you steady when you don't think you can make it any further. Who console you when your heart is broken. Who will forgive you when you screw up and who you can forgive when the tables are turned. Who go to the ends of the Earth to help you through whatever situation you're in at any given time.

I am so lucky to have girlfriends that surpass everything I could ever expect from a friend.

I know that while the love of a man may come and go...I will always have the love of my girlfriends...and I thank God for them.

************************************************************************************

But, it also applies those same characteristics to your love relationships with boyfriends and husbands. It reminds you that we're all not perfect. That at times you will have to make a choice a decision where they're concerned...anyway, I could go on forever but suffice it to say that I was reminded of a lot of situations, relationships and moments in my own life. Just a little reminder of the past. Maybe I'm not making much sense anymore, but it's late and I'm tired.

************************************************************************************
p.s. I would have been perfectly happy if Carrie and Big just lived happily ever after unmarried...in their penthouse.
************************************************************************************
p.s.s. Where's my Big?? :D

No comments: