Thursday, June 19, 2008

I have arrived...Ironman Coeur d'Alene

I made it. After a long flight, I finally made it Spokane, WA where I was picked up by Richard and his wife, Tiffany. We drove to our hotel and began to settle in. Fortunately, all my luggage and Desiree's wheels arrived with me and in great shape.

As I was settling in, Eryn and Charles arrived and the party was complete! We headed down to the race site and took care of our registration and picked up our bikes from TriBikeTransport. I wish I had something amazing to report, but really it was all just a breeze...at least for me, Charles' aero helmet took a beating and looks like it was pummeled in a hail storm...we like to think it now has new "dimple technology", either way he's getting it replaced and the guys were so cool about it.

We saw some of our T3 peeps as they arrived which was awesome! The Blue Train is rollin' into town! Eryn and I did some damage in the shopping tent...I bought way too much crap: a travel coffee mug, a non-travel coffee mug, a blanket, a beach towel, a visor and a TYR skirt that has "Ironman Coeur d'Alene" on the corner (it's way cute). I'm contemplating a tri-top...we'll see. If I go back on Saturday and they still have one in my size, then yes, I'll buy it. See the cool thing about the towel and blanket is that they are not Coeur d'Alene specific, just the "M-dot"...which is what I wanted.

This evening the five of us went to dinner and then returned to our rooms to chillax (chill+relax) and get some sleep.

Tomorrow is the big test as it will be our first swim in the much anticipated Lake Couer d'Alene.

Stay tuned...more to follow!

No comments: