Saturday, June 21, 2008

It's all a blur...

I meant to pound out a daily account of the going on's here at IM CDA, but it's almost impossible as there is soooo much constantly happening.

We made it out to the swim this morning and as soon as I managed to get myself ready, I blocked out everyone (couldn't help it-I was wearing ear plugs) and proceeded to march straight in to the water and start swimming. I had decided early on that that would be my plan. I wanted to get as much of the shock of getting into the cold as possible, since that's how we'll be getting in on Sunday. The first couple of minutes were tough, hands and feet trying to go numb...surprisingly, my face didn't feel as pained as I thought it would - WOO HOO!

Everyone was supposed to swim for about 20 minutes but I needed to KNOW that I was going to be able to do this and do it solidly. I didn't swim hard, but I swam steady and took in the scenery. I made sure to enjoy it as I know the next time I swim out there I won't be paying much attention to the beauty of the landscape. I finished 1.2 miles in just over 40 minutes...and I never stressed once! Oh, I think I'm ready for this swim!!! BRING IT ON!!!

Our coaches are here too, which is an awesome motivator! The whole team looks good and I really hope everyone has a solid race. I can't wait to see them on the course. After the swim we all headed out for breakfast, which was fun...I ate two breakfasts :)

Later we went for an easy bike ride and rode this awesome bike trail that led to the Post Falls Falls - it was absolutely beautiful! As soon as I get my camera software issue resolved, I'll be sure to post some pics...truly nature and man working together at its best. Once we made it back we went for a short run. I hadn't run since Sunday, so I felt a little awkward at first, but after a few minutes, easily fell into my pace. I'm still feeling pretty goo.

Aside from just spending a ton on money on IM stuff, I did manage to get all my bags labeled, organized and situation for Saturday. Tomorrow we have to turn in our transition bags and bikes after we do our final swim - YIKES, it's almost here!!!

After all the running around and last minute stuff today, Eryn went on to the athlete meeting and dinner and we stayed in, ordered pizza and watched tv - perfect pre-race activity!!

I little more double-checking of the bags and it was off to bed...One last free day!

We're almost there!

No comments: