Friday, March 21, 2008

Stupid cold...

That's right, it's Friday and the weather's great...a gorgeously perfect day and I'm sitting on my bed with chicken soup, Gatorade and an assortment of vitamins and pills that I am depending on to alleviate this nasty cold. I have the blinds closed so I don't have to be reminded of what I'm missing.

I know, I know...I shouldn't be complaining, it's not like I had surgery that's going to keep me down for weeks or some terrible illness that will incapacitate me indefinitely. I have a cold. A cold. That's it. Still, it's frustrating and makes me feel grumpy.

I started to feel it a bit on Wednesday and thought maybe a run would help - it didn't. Thursday morning I thought maybe a swim would help - it didn't. Thursday afternoon I tried to convince myself that spin class would help - I finally decided that it wouldn't and I went home (ok, I did spin for 45 minutes before coming to that conclusion). In 10 weeks I have only missed 2 swim practices and not one spin class. What's worse is that I will miss my long ride tomorrow - the 100 miler I was supposed to do as a makeup ride for last weekend when the accident shortened my ride to only 65 miles.

I've talked with several people who keep assuring me that missing this weekend is going to be ok. That I still have plenty of time to get in my long rides. That life happens and this is not a bit deal in the grand scheme of things. That it is more important for me to recover and get healthy so I do well at LoneStar next weekend.

I'm going to listen to logic and reasoning and take the next day or two off to focus on caring for my body. I'm not going to like it. I'm already feeling guilty about it. But, I'm going to do it...unless I feel better in the morning :D

1 comment:

Scott and Lindsey said...

Dude!! I was wondering where you were this morning. I hope you start feeling better and SOON!! Take your vitamins and rest. See you at practice later this week. :)