Friday, July 18, 2008

Is it really Friday???

This has been without a doubt one of the looooongest weeks.

So much has happened/not happened/been said/done/etc. The days seemed to have blended together and I can't remember what I did without having to look at my calendar.

There was recovery from the Couples Tri and T3 post-race party...then there was the Splash n' Dash...then the Couples Volunteer party...then Key Bar catching up with non-tri friends...then wrapping it all up with a delightfully relaxing evening at the mall with Esther. Nothing like shopping, food and a bottle of wine to end the week!

Oh, and don't forget there was actual training splattered throughout the week. I have to say though, that I didn't feel my best. My workouts felt sluggish, at best. The Couples race really took it's toll on me and I didn't quite ever recover from it. I think because we did S-n'-D and the party in the same week, I just couldn't get back into my groove. I even MISSED SWIM PRACTICE on Thursday...and I NEVER miss swim. I was just soooo damn tired.

All in all though, I did manage 3 swims, 1 spin, 1.5 runs and 1 core...tomorrow I'll shoot for 10 mi but be happy with 7 mi, as I haven't had a long run since CDA...wish me luck!!!

************************************************************************************
On a somber note, we (T3) are changing our long ride to Sunday so that we can participate in the memorial ride for a fallen cyclist...Michael Argall. I never knew Michael, although I had seen him around and his loss is felt by the entire community. We will ride in his memory.

Too much sadness and death has brush closely by my side and I can't help but be a little fearful as to where it may strike next. I know I cannot dwell on it, but I still can't help but think of it from time to time.

************************************************************************************
On a much more pleasant note, several teammates and Coach Chrissie will be taking over wine country for the 70.3 Vineman and our very own Amanda will be tearing it up at IM Lake Placid along with some local pros...GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

No comments: