Friday, May 16, 2008

SCREAM!!!


That's what I want to do right now. Not because I'm angry. Not because I'm hurting...or sad...or troubled...or anything like that. I want to scream because I am feeling so anxious and wound up over my looming Ironman race. Fortunately, I am not the only one feeling this way. Ed is also feeling it. Makes me feel better.

This weekend will be a good indicator as to how I will do in 5 weeks and 2 days. I will rest today and get my "stuff" ready for the weekend which, if all goes well, will play out like this:

Saturday: Mansfield Dam open water swim of 2.4 miles followed by a 90 mile bike ride.
Sunday: Skeese Greets sprint triathlon (300 m/11 mi/2 mi) followed by a 16-18 mile run

I'm tired just thinking about it!!

But actually, I'm very excited...I just want to get it done!!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

holy hell lady, thats a crammed weekend. do you have time for anything else?!
god, make sure you EAT! NO BONKING ALLOWED!
i will be at the tri, spectating. a certain someone encouraged me to race it but... i still like being on the outside of the circle, looking in, too much ;)
ill be running afterwards too if you want some company on your run?! i dont know your long run pace though.. email/message me and lmk!

Colleen Renee' Wilson said...

I think we all should meet up in one location and just scream for a good ten seconds. You let me know when and where and I will be there.