Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Now I lay me down to sleep...

I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

I am not a religious person. I am not a highly spiritual person. But I believe...most of the time...the times I'm not sure I wouldn't say I disbelieve...I just am not sure.

Have you ever wondered, if you died tomorrow, who would attend your funeral? Who wouldn't? What would they say? How would you be remembered?

I was talking to a friend the other day about this and how I hoped that somehow I would be able to attend my own funeral and he made a suggestion that I make a video to be played at my funeral as a way for me to say goodbye. Interesting. I thought about it. Who would I mention first? Most likely family - parents, siblings. But then who? Friends - who first? If I put someone before someone else, would they be upset? Would they wonder why I mention people in a particular order? Would it really matter? Probably not, I'd be dead. This video would be contingent on my means of achieving death...traumatic accident would probably not allow me time to make the video. I hope I get to say goodbye.

But for now, I am here. I am living. I am in the present. I am appreciating the fact that I was able to go out after work and have a bad run. Yes, that's right...I'm thankful for a bad run. I met a friend for what should've been a 7 mile run, but ended up with only 5 miles and I had to stop and stretch a couple of times. It was extremely humid and I was running a little faster than I'm accustomed to running. It wasn't a particularly good run...but I was able to run. I am thankful.

Thanks everyone for all your support :)

No comments: