Thursday, May 28, 2009

Scooped Up

Thank God for girlfriends!

Over the past couple of weeks they have swooped in and scooped me up! I realize that so often I have the "I can do it myself" mentality and it's not always the healthiest in these situations as I end up spending my time very much alone and feeling friendless.

WHICH IS MY OWN DOING...YES, I KNOW!!

Anyway, it's been such a relief to have so many amazing friends. I decided I have to learn to trust...so what better way to learn than to start with my girl friends. Over the past number of months, I have been fairly removed...I mean, I've been around but I haven't really been there. So it's almost like waking up and taking a deep breath...ahhh! And letting myself open up to them and trust is a big deal for me and a step I'm ready to take. It's about those darn baby steps!

Part of me is still in a bit of a funk...naturally, but the rest of me is feeling pretty darn relieved...thanks to those girls!!

Now if I can just find my Ironman motivation! If you see it wondering around, please send it back home...I need it!!

No comments: