Thursday, May 28, 2009

The 40/40

Man, oh man! Last weekend was brutal! Doesn't seem like it should have been that bad...a short 40 mile bike ride followed by a 13 mile run followed the next day by a 40 mile recovery ride.

Sounds simple enough.

Ass kicker, I tell ya!

I managed to hang with Joe and Matt for the 40 mile ride and then I wasn't sure what I was going to do about my run, but Joe said, "ready?" so there I went. We finished the 13 miles in about 1:50, which for me, was pretty damn good straight off the bike! I couldn't have done it without him, that's for sure!!

My team was great! We had a couple of tents in our "transition area" and also some bike racks for the "full effect". Team mates who weren't participating in the brick scattered themselves out on our course, equipped with with water and oranges...ahhhh!!

The great thing about the 40/40 is that you know it's almost show time! Only one long ride left and taper has begun.

Good luck to us all!

No comments: