Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Falling Apart and Holding it Together...

My body doesn't want to do what I want it to do. I wanted it to run faster...it didn't want to. I wanted it to stop hurting...it didn't want to.

Mile repeats were less than impressive.

Falling apart.

My mind is doing what I want it to do. I want it to stay focused...it is doing it. I want it to stay strong...it is doing it.

Moments of freaking out or despair? Yes, but my mind is fending them off with reckless abandon. My mind is refusing to give in to the pain...to the hurt...to the heat...to anything that tries to keep me from continuing...from achieving my goals.

My mind...my friends/team mates...my heart...will not let me down...I will prevail...

1 comment:

etg said...

You're right...we're with you all the way! And I hope you know how often you speak the truth for all of us in your blog. Keep going, Michelle - you're gonna make it!