Thursday, May 10, 2012

"Oh, the Places You'll Go!" - Dr. Seuss

 

This book was a gift to me some years ago 
by a sister who had a sense
I didn't know then what I now know...
or did I?
I knew that there were places to go, 
places to see and somewhere along the way
find out who was me.
I didn't have direction just a few clues,
a sense of being and a desire to choose.
 But all too often was trampled by fear
don't venture too far, be sure to stay near.
Don't give up easily, but don't try too hard
stay in the zone, don't gamble your card. 
Dr. Seuss I am not, 
just finding my spot...
in a place that is more than I ever expected, 
that has shown me to open and let life happen.
For the first time ever, in all of my life,
I know not what might come next 
but am willing to let go and trust that the best...
is truly yet to come.

It's one thing to pack everything you own and relocate without answers...
it's very much another to let your mind and heart go and accept the unknown.
The answers, they come in ways you don't often expect.
Sometimes they are hidden within your soul and other times shine from a mountain top.
It is not until you resign yourself to accept what may be, despite what you may want
that you find what you knew all along.
The answers, you see, lie within...they don't come with geography, or a map, or a 
change in scenery.
 They are with you...within you...in your heart...always.
When you allow yourself to open up from within, then...then you have no choice
but to acknowledge what you most likely knew all along.
Your heart may ache, it may beat wildly, but if you listen...really listen
it will beat the truth.
 

 


No comments: