Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Goodbye, Old Friend...

When you first entered my life I thought "how did I ever live without you?" We started out with such chemistry it was unbelievable. I began to think about you more and more. Then we would meet up at the trail for training runs and I was so grateful to have you on those long, hot and difficult runs. Eventually we started traveling together. It was blissful, fun and exciting. Even going out for mundane errands, you kept me grounded and calm.

Eventually, like most things...we began to drift apart. While I realized what was happening, I didn't want to admit it. I liked knowing you were always there, always ready to keep me steady - even if we had become but a mere convenience to each other.

I am forever going to miss you and what we once had.


No comments: