Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twas the night before...

Ironman and all through my brain, not an emotion unturned, not confidence nor doubt.

Well, I am confident of some things - I will swim 2.4 miles. I will bike 112 miles. I will run 26.2 miles. I will execute my plan to best of my abilities. I will remember to have fun. I will remember to eat on the bike. I will remember that I've had really hard training months and that this should go pretty well. I doubt that I will break any land-speed records. I doubt that unless something totally kooky happens, there is anything that will keep me from finishing! So, I guess there's no reason now to worry.

We'll find out tomorrow.

***************************************************************************************

Today was a pretty good day, albeit busier than yesterday. Got up early to swim, which went waaaaay better than yesterday's swim. It's still around 63 degrees (brrrr) but still not as cold as CDA was, so it'll be ok. Had some coffee. Walked around a bit. Met Jess and Charles for some Starbuck's. Ran into the T3 crew on the way to Transition. Chatted. Turned in my bike and transition bags. Met Michelle and Michael. Went to lunch (waited 45 minutes - I started to sprout fangs and claws - got a free lunch). Took a nap. Double-checked my stuff for the morning. Picked Sandra and Brian up from the airport. Had a glass of wine. Ate some dinner. Watched football. Wearing my compression socks. Getting ready to climb into bed for 4:00 a.m. wake up call.

Deep breath...

No comments: