Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Own Skirt Chaser...


Finally starting to feel like I'm back in the land of the living. Slept well. Eating well. Less snotty (only in the literal sense).

I was supposed to ride today but Coach told me I could substitute that for an easy run instead, in order to make sure that I recover from my cold.

My plan was to get in a run before joining some friends for the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure. For some reason I decided to run in my TYR running skirt, something I've never done before...you know, running in a skirt just never appealed to me. I've always just worn them as after race gear or just running around.

So off I go...in my skirt.

I felt strong from the start, I guess since I haven't really done anything all week. I wasn't running far so I just let my legs go, didn't have my Garmin on and didn't bother to start my watch timer. I could feel my skirt flip-flip-flip as I ran...it reminded me of my childhood (although I didn't wear many skirts then, either) running around free and without purpose. I kept running. Then I passed a guy...then another guy who then used me to pace him for about half a mile before he decided to take the lead. I let him go (I was having fun, remember?) and continued on my way. Then I passed another guy, a couple of girls, another guy...all the time trying to make sure no one tried to hook onto me...why? Just because. There was no timer, no finish line, no reason other than my own little mind games trying to get into the act. I've never participated in the Skirt Chaser 5k but in my own mind, that's what I was doing...running in my own little skirt chaser race. Who wants to get passed by a skirt? I don't like getting passed by skirts!! In the end, I had a great run and enjoyed every minute of it.

It's silly, I know. But I was having fun playing in my little mind games.

I did feel a little weird cutting loose some snot rockets while wearing a skirt though!!!

1 comment:

Me said...

Glad you are feeling better. You're a trip sometimes.