Friday, January 9, 2009

Ready, set...one more week...

I am so freakin' excited to train for IM CDA again...just not this week. I know, I know...but this is WEEK 1!! The kickoff meeting was last Sunday and Monday was our first day of training!! I'm supposed to be getting on it, buckling down, getting serious...

WTH???

I'm working my way there but ditched two workouts this week for wine. Let it be known though that the workouts I did do, I did with focus and intensity. I swam with purpose, spun with conviction and ran with heart. So long as I can maintain that focus and keep my workouts meaningful, I will do just fine and when I feel like I'm starting to fall apart, I have teammates who will keep me honest.

But that'll be next week.

*************************************************************************************
Tomorrow I will join my team in a memorial ride for Erin Lahr, a young woman who I wrote of after her collapse at the Dallas White Rock Marathon. It is forecasted to be cold and windy; certainly not favorable riding conditions, in my book. But I will ride and so will others because we have a purpose. I hope that wherever Erin is now, it is beautiful and always perfect for a ride or a run.

I will feel the wind and I will feel the cold and I will relish in the fact that I can FEEL. I will recall the brief moments I had with her and how friendly and kind she was to me. I truly believe people come in and out of our lives for different reasons and I think Erin was here to remind me to feel...with my hands and my heart. Thank you, Erin!!

No comments: