Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Running backwards...

Is how I felt tonight on the track.

4x1 mile repeats

Did I have anything left?

This is day 11 of 21 of my run block and I'm really feeling it now. The answer to the previous question is no - and yes. I had absolutely no speed. Every step was a struggle. Every breath labored.

I didn't warm up properly, I was too anxious to get started, done and home early. That certainly didn't help my first mile:

7:37
7:15
7:17
7:12

It was a bit frustrating, but knowing that I have really been putting miles on the ol' legs, I tried not to beat myself up too much over it. Hopefully, once I'm done with this block I'll really be able to see where I am with my mile repeats and go from there.

I just really, really, REALLY want to become a better (faster) runner.

Patience.

No comments: